Bobby cutts jr dating website lang en Adult cam switch
Bell Aerospace Technology Center at South Georgia Technical Institute was dedicated, Jon Johnson, president. 9: In 1887 the Victorian Era Sumter County courthouse at the southeast corner of Forsyth and Lee was formally dedicated. In 2006 Atlanta Braves rightfielder Jeff Francoeur signed autographs to raise money for the Plains Better Hometown program, afterwards having lunch with former president Jimmy Carter. 12: In 1825 the Treaty of Indian Springs opened up to settlement the part of Georgia that now includes Sumter County. Norman Vincent Peale was the featured speaker at the annual Chamber of Commerce dinner. 13: In 1873 State Representative Allen Fort's bill creating the Americus City School system was passed by the General Assembly. Storey, of the Lacrosse community, was the first black person to serve on a Federal jury in Sumter County's history. In 1970 the Dallas Cowboys announced that Dan Reeves had been named backfield coach, the youngest in the NFL. 17: In 1886 passenger train service began between Americus and Lumpkin on the Americus, Preston and Lumpkin Railroad, built with private capital by Samuel H. Rogers at the depot on Cotton resulted in no serious injuries. 15: In 1973 demolition began on the Central of Georgia depot on Cotton at Mc Garrah. The school's library was named in his honor with a brass plaque. 18: In 1897 35 members of the Americus Baptist Church withdrew their letters in order to organize Furlow Lawn Baptist, now Central Baptist. 19: In 1891 the De Soto Baptist Church was organized, "Brothers Moore, Walters and Weekly," presbytery. In 1890 the "Americus Times" debuted as a daily newspaper to compete with the "Americus Recorder." In 1901 the "Sumter Light Guards" were reorganized for the third time, Capt. In 1976 the Victoria Era courthouse bell was formally dedicated at Founders Memorial Park, northeast corner of Forsyth and Prince. 23: In 1883 the city council named Bell, Bosworth, Hudson, Lester, Mayo and Patterson in one fell swoop. Flossie Dunn Walters became the first woman in Sumter County's history to run for public office as county school superintendent. Senate confirmed Sumter County native Griffin Boyette Bell as U. In 1964 most of the 1938 Americus High School building was destroyed by fire. 27: In 1882 it was opening night at Glover's Opera House on Forsyth, which became the city's first movie theater in 1901. Lewis, president of the United Mine Workers union, bought gasoline at the Lighthouse while passing through Americus. 17: In 1828 Avery Wheeler led the first settlers into what is now Sumter County while crossing the Flint River at Shelby's Ferry. Wheeler, former sheriff, city clerk and treasurer and county tax collector, who surveyed the original town square in 1832, died at his home in Americus. In 1953 two black county schools were discontinued, Mt. and Old Corinth at Pineville, with students from the former going to Shady Grove and the latter to Welcome. In 1952 Japanese Emperor Hirohito's personal stallion was on display in Americus. War Department announced construction of Souther Field in Sumter County as an aviation training facility. 5: In 1855 the first Commissioners of the Town of Americus were installed: Charles J. In 1890 the ten Americus capitalists who formed the syndicate that built the Windsor Hotel were identified as S. Staley High School was dedicated, John Mitchell, director, sponsored by the Dunbar Literary and Civic Club. 2: In 1939 Sumter County was neither wet nor dry as a referendum ended in a tie vote, 610 to 610.
Post Office was established at Pondtown in the portion of Sumter County that became Schley County in 1857. 3: In 1899 the New Jersey monument at Andersonville was dedicated, the first one in the cemetery.
In 1924 the "March King" John Phillip Sousa and his 100-piece ensemble gave a concert at the Rylander Theater. 26: In 1967 the cornerstone ceremony was held for the chapel and education building of the First United Methodist Church, Rev.
In 1921 Union High School formally opened, serving De Soto and Leslie.
In 1918 Nottingham Law was the first Sumter County fatality in World War I. 19: In 1861 Sumter County's delegates joined the 208 to 89 majority vote for Georgia's secession from the United States of America. 20: In 1977 Sumter County's Jimmy Carter was inaugurated as the 39th President of the United States. 21: In 1921 the Rylander Theater, built by Walter Rylander, had its grand opening on Lamar with the national touring company of the hit play, "Lightnin'." Jan.
In 2006 Paula Deen, of the Food Network's "Paula's Country Cooking," filmed a segment in Plains with Jimmy Carter. 31: In 2005 Millard and Linda Fuller, founders of Habitat for Humanity International, were fired by the board of directors because the Fullers were publicly critical of the board. 1: In 1957 the Georgia Council of Churches condemned violence that was being directed against Koinonia Farms. Mary's Roman Catholic Church was dedicated to memorialize church founders Christopher Joseph and Annie Gill Sherlock.