100 tuscaloosa dating
An 1879 article in The Tuscaloosa Times marks the foundation of a library for Tuscaloosa. A large number of books belonging to the Young Men's Christian Association were turned over to the library and about 500 books were given by citizens.
A "commodious room" housed the library, located over the store formerly occupied by Dr. By the early 1900s the library had been moved to a small one-room location in the basement of the County Courthouse.
Five of the downstairs rooms were dedicated to the library.
New owners of vehicles have twenty days to obtain a license plate after the car purchase.Bessie Sasser, then librarian, launched an effort for a new public library building.Located on Jack Warner Parkway (then River Road), the Tuscaloosa Public Library was realized in 1979 after lengthy construction problems and delays. The library underwent an extensive renovation in 1999–2001, increasing space and modernizing the structure.Under the leadership of library director Nancy Pack, a new branch was added, the Brown Branch and a new home for the Weaver-Bolden Branch library was built in the Mc Kenzie Courts.The first branch library, Weaver-Bolden, was established in 1948 under the leadership of Ruth Eaton Cummings Bolden who served as librarian there from its beginning to her retirement in 1975.